Work Permits

General Information

All teens under 18 years of age must complete a work permit application and get a work permit before starting a new job.

Work permits are issued in the Superintendent's Office with a completed work permit application.

Click Here to Access the Youth Employment Work Permit

Frequently Asked Questions
Who needs to be present for the work permit to be issued?
The youth to whom the work permit is to be issued, must be present to receive the permit.
Parents do not need to be present for a permit to be issued, however the application
MUST be signed by the parent for any worker 17 years old or younger.

What do I need to bring with me?
1. The completed work permit application with all necessary signatures.
    - The application must be filled out by the employer
    - The application must be signed by the parents
    - The application must be signed by the worker before a permit can be issued. 
    - If the worker is 14 or 15 years old the doctor must also sign the application.
2. Proof of age. (
driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, etc.)

If I get a new job, do I need another work permit?
Yes. The permit is only good for the job listed on the permit, if the worker has two jobs, a second permit must be issued.  If the worker changes jobs, a new permit needs to be issued for the new job.

Do I need a work permit if I am 18 years or older?
Permits are only necessary for workers who are under 18 years old; 18 years old and over do not need a work permit.

©2020 Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District